Ah, it’s that time of the year to watch Night of the Werehog and carve some Sega pumpkins!
Yes, it’s almost Halloween and you’d best be getting ready to decorate your porch with a cool Sega-themed pumpkin.
Gallery of Cool Sega Pumpkins
Here’s some of our favorite Sega-themed Halloween pumpkins we’ve came across on the old interwebs.
Segata Sanshiro pumpkin by Justin Torress.
Sonic pumpkin by LumiCupCakes.
SEGA logo pumpkin by ALhedgehog.
NiGHTS and Reala pumpkins by Lilstarcon.
And finally, we have a classic Sonic pumpkin by some unknown carver.
Make Your Own Sega Pumpkins!
Why let all of the super talented or dedicated carvers have all of the fun?
Luckily, for the rest of us, Sega of America posted some Sega pumpkin stencils in years past. Simply print out a desired stencil and follow their carving tips below.
1. Draw your design on the pumpkin beforehand.
2. Cut the top and any large areas with a sharp, straight-edged knife and use slow steady saw strokes. A dull blade is not a safer alternative. Please remember to carve away from yourself and to never hold the knife in a stabbing position. All carving should be done by adults or by kids under close adult supervision.
3. Scoop out seeds and stringy ﬂesh.
4. Remove carved portions by gently pushing them into or out of the pumpkin.
5. Please ensure that you make design holes large enough to provide adequate ventilation for the candle and make sure the ﬂame is not too close to the top of the pumpkin.
If you’re not 100% in love with one of those stencils, then you can find more Sonic pumpkin stencils at Sonic Stadium.
A Word of Caution
Don’t forget, kids, knives can be rather sharp! Always ask an adult for help, especially if you’ve been drinking heavily!