Data Discs has announced a leftovers sale for the Shenmue and Streets of Rage translucent color, black and limited edition vinyls!
Some of these leftover copies were intended to be used for the press and some had misprinted OBI strips. For the latter, they replaced them and are shipping those units in resealable polythene sleeves.
They are being very picky about fulfilling orders for the limited editions, so re-sellers beware! If you already ordered one of them before, your order might be cancelled! They are wanting to get the limited editions in the hands of fans who didn’t have the chance last time. Very cool!
The leftovers sale will go live on Saturday, October 24th somewhere between 5PM and 6PM GMT at their website. They have also supplied Transmission Records with some limited editions and they should be available for sale around the same time on their website.
You can read their full post below from their Facebook page.
You can see our previous coverage on Data Discs’ Sega vinyls here.
This weekend we will be selling some leftover copies of STREETS OF RAGE and SHENMUE. This will include a small number of the limited editions, along with the translucent colour and black editions.
To be clear, these are NOT the represses. Some of these copies were held back as promos (which went unused). The majority however, were copies that arrived with misprinted OBI strips, which subsequently had to be replaced. All of these copies are NEW and UNPLAYED, some have just had new OBI strips fitted. Therefore, please be aware that many of them are NOT sealed in shrinkwrap – they are now packaged in resealable polythene sleeves instead. So please do not buy one if you want a ‘sealed’ record!
These will go on sale this SATURDAY (24th October) sometime between 5:00-6:00pm (UK time) through www.data-discs.com. There are a couple of rules though, so pay attention!
– The ‘limited editions’ are restricted to ONE COPY per person, no exceptions! If you have previously bought one from us, then please don’t buy another. These are for people who missed out the first time around. Please play fair.
– Any funny business and your order will be subject to cancellation.
– The other editions are not restricted, but please be aware that the maximum number of records we can fit in one package is THREE.
– All copies will be sold at the normal price of £19.99.
– We’re not sending out a newsletter about this (as there aren’t very many copies available), so please spread the word.
– The product pages won’t be updated until just before they go on sale.
Finally, to give you an additional chance of grabbing these, we have also sent a few ‘limited editions’ to our friends at Transmission Records (www.transmissionrecords.co.uk). Their copies should go on sale around the same time (but exactly when is up to them!)
TEAM DATA x